Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ogre Creature

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
tac0m polycounter lvl 6
Hey all this is an ogre like create i'm creating. I have almost no time between work and my contracts but i squeezed this much in so far. :) C&C are always welcome.

ogre_zbrush_render.jpg

Replies

• tac0m
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tac0m polycounter lvl 6
    Wow, just realized i made a spelling error in the last post... DEEEERRRRPPP

Anyway, i got a pretty good critique on this and pushed the exaggerated proportions all over his body instead of just the hands and feet.

here are the changes together. Yes or no?

C&C are always welcome.

ogre_zbrush_render_changes.gif
  • gilesruscoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gilesruscoe polycounter lvl 10
    Liking this so far! I'd say the new proportions work a lot better with the large hands, he looked too weak to move them about before. Will you be adding much to his outfit with the sewn together leather?
  • Donavonyoung
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
    The fingers kind of look like sausages to me. That could be what you are going for, but i would add a bit more shape and complexity to them. Personally i am not a fan of the random bone protrusions across the one forearm. They don't really make a whole lot of sense, placement wise. They just kind of stick out in strange places. It is also weird that they only occur on one side. Looking good so far.
  • imijatov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good work so far. With his size and gerth, the changes displayed in your image above work much better. The knuckles connecting to the fingers need some more love, there's currently a bit of a gap there.