Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for a little Zbrush Help!

Hello everyone!

I'm currently working on a female character with the tiny amount of free time that I have and I've run into a small issue that I'm hoping someone can help me solve.

As I rotate the model I notice some very strange grooves and bumps in my characters breasts that I can't seem to smooth out with the normal smooth brush. After some investigating I'm confident these wonky grooves have formed because of the way the low poly mesh was created. I'm hoping their is something I can do within Zbrush that can help me with this annoyance. My knowledge of Zbrush, in my own opinion, is limited. I know enough to get by but their are certainly things about the program that could be making my life easier that I just don't know about. This is a rather big change from Mudbox.

Two things i have looked into with no luck. Dynamesh, it smooths things way to much for my liking at this stage in the sculpt. I have also tried just adding additional geometry into the low poly in 3DsMax and re-importing it into Zbrush, but that leads to more problems than its worth.

I understand that this might be a very petty issue that could be solved with some editing in photoshop once the normal maps are baked, but I would love to learn something that might help me out again in the future.

Also, I'm sorry if its difficult to see what I'm talking out on the image. I couldn't find a mat. that showed it well.
Zbrush_geometry_help.jpg

Replies