Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Rogelio Delgado - Environment Artist

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
RogelioD polycounter lvl 12
Good evening everyone! Don't have much to say except I'm looking for any feedback on my portfolio site. Any feedback, on any aspect, is golden.

Thanks in advance! Enjoy!

rad-3d.com

Replies

• RogelioD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm sorry, I don't mean to be "that guy" who bumps his own posts but I'm just looking for a little feedback. I put a LOT of time into making a really good base for my website from the ground up, and I would like to know some opinions on how I can make it even better. I wanna keep building and building on top of it to make it as great as possible. Thanks in advance!

-rad
  • Rednaz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well first thing I noticed is that the fonts are very distracting. You have alot of different sizes of fonts with all sorts of photoshop effects on them which is distracting the viewer from the artwork. So a simple font with a color that stands out from the background would do.
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The first thing i noticed was that the leading red text at the top is very hard to read. I would change it to something a lot brighter and easy to distinguish from the bg.
  • Envart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Envart polycounter lvl 6
    I'd change the red too, it doesn't really pop. You should trim down that you're displaying in the props folder, there's a real difference in quality in some of assets. I'd take out all the characters, since you're an env artist and they're not exactly stellar. I'd remove everything in that section bar the half-pipe and the sofa (needs a wireframe view) in which case you might as well flatten that and move it to the front page.

Your environments could use some touching up too. The abandoned hall way looks ok, but lacks a focul point or any real contrast of value or hue. The spaceport: did you make that or just compile the shaders? If you're selling yourself as an artist, you should've really made everything in your folio.

I think the circus environment is clearly the best in your folio, but you should provide breakdowns of more than just one material/model. Overall the look of your folio is a bit too dark for me.

Best of luck!
  • RogelioD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks so much for all the feedback and compliments guys! I agree with just about all of it and will be making the necessary changes!

EX.

-The color of the text needs to pop more, and maybe blend the text style with the text style of the images as well

-Kill the non-environmental assets/sucky ones.

-Wireframe on my couch (which I completely just blanked on)

-More breakdowns on the circus environment

-Make it more apparent what I made and didn't make in the Spaceport. (Made just about all the models except the wall/pillar combo, and the ceiling parallax object, and the ship hologram. Everything else is mine.)

I love the feedbaack! If there is anything else, please let me know!