Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Poseidon Environment

Hey Everyone,
Just a 3D Environment Ive been working on
This Level is based on the theme of Greek Mythology
My Level is based around the God Poseidon (God of the Sea)

This Room based on Poseidon is one of five that makes up an Environment of the Gods that lead from the underworld (Hades) to the almighty Zeus
Team has worked hard together and more will come in the future of the finished product.

-Levels arent shown in this post

Level has been modelled in Maya to be used in the game engine Gamebryo
Textures are unfinished (unhappy with textures)

Basic Screenshots from Gamebryo engine

Poseidon_Room_ScreenShot.jpg

More Screenshots from Gamebryo Engine

Better look at Particles created for the Fog (First time using Gamebryo particles)

Poseidon_Room.jpg

Look through from the entrance to Poseidons Room (Using Maya default lighting)

Untitled-2.jpg

This is all so far, more will be posted in the future
Any comments will be greatly appreciated on how to improve and where ive gone wrong

Replies

• Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan polycounter lvl 8
    I don't know if you have access to soft particles, but use them for the floor particles if you can. Ideally, I'd suggest some form of volume fog, with a texture or some low-frequency noise. Either of those will get rid of the hard lines where the fog intersects the floor.

The water is probably one of the things that'll need the most attention. This is a room for the god of water, so it should be some sweet-arse water indeed.

The only other thing I'd suggest is to look at the lighting. Maybe try lightmapping or using well-placed point lights to get some variation as opposed to a constant, flat directional light.
  • Dysengaged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not sure about soft particles because there are specific particles for the game engine we used
    But I agree there is a lot of work to be done with the water
    Light mapping was tried but there were problems with the uv mapping that wouldnt allow me to successfully have light maps

Still alot of work to be done but thanks will work hard on the specified points
  • Orchidface
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orchidface polycounter lvl 7