Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Mace, Axios

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Axios polycounter lvl 10
I've been debating on entering this and I'm stepping way out of my comfort zone here, but in the spirit of self-improvement, here we go. The idea I have is based around the use of the hollow-face illusion. My weapon will have faces all around it that are inverted to be concave to, hopefully, produce the effect that the faces are staring at the player. I know that this was used to good effect in Uncharted 3, and I've wanted to do something with it since seeing an internet video way back when so I guess this is a good chance.

mask-ver.gif

02.jpg

That is a blockout that I did as a proof of concept (not my face model) and I was satisfied with the effectiveness of the illusion. I've decided on a mace, because I believe that a mace best allows for the concave and deep surfaces that I need to mount the faces. However, I'm not thrilled with the angelic theme. It works well because of the simple face as opposed to a Darksiders style skull which didn't look so hot. So in an attempt to find a more pleasing design that still incorporates a face, I've worked on this demonic sketch.

01.jpg

I definitely like this design more, but it needs a lot of help. I've been playing around with some different stuff, but since this design hinges on the effectiveness of the face, I must make the face as large as I can without obstructing the view too much. Every other part of the design is very WIP, and I can use as much help as possible to get a decent design before I start moving on this, so any suggestions at all are great. Thanks!

Edit: This demonic design would still be a 4-sided mace, this is only representative of one side.

Replies