Home General Discussion

Activation new ZBrush 4R3 w/ ZSwitcher Conflict?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
claydough polycounter lvl 10
Never had enough misery to have to submit a ticket before...
But, I gotta praise the Pixologic Support staff. Over the past days they were very responsive thourough and professional.

I have never had an activation problem with any version of Zbrush. However I did sorta skip 4R2b till the last minute. Installing it the day before 4r3 just in case it was needed. So for all I know my activation problems might have been present with that version as well.

But they narrowed down the problem to my ZSwitcher plug-in, after I upped a zip of my pixologic folder.

And since I followed their advice and defeated the plug temporarily ( I stuck the script: ZStartup/ZPlugs/ZSwitcher.zsc into a folder titled defeatPlugin )
My activations no longer randomly fail.

Since there are other ZSwitcher users here I was wondering if anyone else has come across the same problem? ( activations not remaining for more than a few seconds and at the most not lasting after subsequent restarts? )

Draster's developers are looking into the problem, but so far they say I am the first to mention the association to the new update.

Can anyone confirm that version 4R3 is working fine with the newest ZSwitcher version 1.0.3? ( I am using the 64 bit version of windows 7 )

If everyone else is having no activation issues with ZSwitcher present...
The only other culprit that comes to mind is my mouse driver.
I use the newest Cyborg R.A.T 9 driver 7.0.12.0 and supporting SMART TECHNOLOGY software 7.0.13.22. In the past there were some flickering issues with Saitek's Cyborg drivers and my solution was to simply use my Wacom.

Could anyone confirm or negate any activation conflicts with or without the same setup?

( on the bright side I find that Arash at DRaster has been equally responsive with quick fixes to ZSwitcher when these quirks pop up with each new Update to ZBrush )

Thanx in Advance fer any response.

Replies