Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Heist: The Score [Unity Mobile]

Howdy folks!

My new game just released today ... Worked on it most of last year.
There are definitely some kinks but over all I was pretty happy (until it got out in the wild :p)

Learnt alot of things about the unity engine and what it can handle on mobile, would have done alot of things differently if I could start over.

Basically had to relearn animation throughout the project, found the guys over at IPIsoft through good ol polycount and set up a cheap motion capture studio with a microsoft kinect so that helped out immensely. Anyway here's some screenies and the trailer. Enjoy :)

2.png

HeistScreenShots_0000s_0000_Layer-33.png

HeistScreenShots_0011_Layer-36.png

5s.png

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pATXhaJKnBY&feature=player_embedded"]HEIST The Score (Official Trailer) - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks guys you can pick it up here for IOS
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/heist-the-score/id486289046?ls=1&mt=8

Or here for your Androids
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.n3vgames.railshootere1#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDIxMiwiY29tLm4zdmdhbWVzLnJhaWxzaG9vdGVyZTEiXQ

Any questions or comments?
I'm ready to get slammed

Replies

• naturon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got a bit buried ... also some gifs of some animation stuff :)

Explosion.gif

Relaod.gif

Reload.gif

Sal.png
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey naturon, looks pretty rad! I picking it up, PC patriotism ;).

I wonder how the controls work, I assume it is similar to navigation in House of the Dead?
  • naturon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha thanks Uncle ;)

The controls are pretty simple all the movement from place to place is done automatically, all you have to do is look around and shoot. Although there is a mechanic where you can choose cover positions.
    Think something like TimeCrisis or House of the Dead, or Rage on mobile
    Cheers mate :)
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    this is a nice effort but a couple of nitpicks:
    -The name probably sounds just a lil bit too much like payday:the heist
    -shotgun looks weird to me. It probably wont bother the majority of players but exposed hammers are a bit archaic for the period. It kinda looks like you took a percussion shottie and made it break in half (which it wouldn't ;)) I appreciate the inclusion of a browning instead of a cliche colt though. Theres a lot of cool gats from this period which just go ignored cause people are too lazy to research anything.
  • naturon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers for the comments Harry, I know what you mean about the name. We decided on it (after ALOT of deliberation) just before Payday was announced and by that time it was a bit too late.
    I was originally going to go with a more traditional 12 guage but felt that the double barrel was more iconic for a bank robbery. It also had to look like it was more of a show piece that has been well maintained rather than a functional weapon because it comes from the managers office.

Here's some of the ref I used
    1dbsg-031746.jpg

1dbsg-031746_5.jpg

Thanks again for taking a look
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    yeah, very old fashioned for a thing i assume is set in the 1920s. But if it's meant to be a display piece i suppose it makes sense. I wasn't suggesting go with a pump action or anything (though an auto-5 would have been a great unlock :D) - just that internal hammers seem more at home in the period.