Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space BattleShip

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Mohamed Rotab polycounter lvl 11
Hello Polycounters :)

Here is a space ship I did for the game Novus Aeterno ... But we changed the whole human race fleet design so iam able to post it now .
Screen Shots taken from Marmoset.
I hope you like it and Feed Back and crits are much welcome .

6773787150_85764c8cf1_o.jpg

6919901223_f1326fb26d_o.jpg

6919901757_0292004833_o.jpg

6919905703_6f89b34b57_o.jpg

6919905111_633fda23bb_o.jpg

6919904687_1163c3e8ec_o.jpg

6919903935_d1c768a63d_o.jpg

6919903243_6a28e36510_o.jpg

Maps

6919906829_50e01647bf_o.jpg

6773792092_60f45e4c7f_o.jpg

6919906503_4f403b2909_o.jpg

Best Regards

Replies

• Darkleopard
    Holy...

That's amazing. Ive been wanting to make a spaceship for a awhile now but I've been to busy.
    Show us more stuff!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Are you going for a Borderlands kind of style? It's either the outlines of the plating in the diffuse or the normals being pushed too far, but there's like pure black outlines all over this thing.

I can see a lot of areas on the texture that could have been stacked, since they're identical. I know you did that for the purpose of baking unique AO out, but it's something to keep in mind. You could have mapped/textured more efficiently, then made a second UV channel that's uniquely unwrapped, with a lower res AO map. But that all depends on your engine, pipeline, etc.

Cool design though, nice piece.
  • LW3
    I like the design of the ship. I hate spaceships that look like airplanes: there's no air in space so why do they have wings? Whatever. Anyway, nice job.
  • Mohamed Rotab
    Offline / Send Message
    Mohamed Rotab polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah I agree may be the hulls are pushed way too much also it's true the bunny ears wing is a bit off , should have removed it .

Thank you guys for feedback Iam glad you like it :)
  • SiegePerilous
    Offline / Send Message
    SiegePerilous polycounter lvl 9
    Really neat!

For some reason though I feel like this is a gun or hand tool instead of a giant ship. Maybe if there was some way to give it a sense of scale. The futuristic version of the jet engine exhaust area (the blue banded circle in the middle of the ship) looks like it would outlet into the part of the ship that is dangling out behind it. If it were an engine exhaust on a ship I'd feel the area behind it would be free of obstructions?

The little black wings seem to say it's a ship but they are really hard to see on this background and they are very small.

Also most of the ship is uniformly thick and along with the handle shape of the diagonal lower portion makes the ship look like it's a gun. With most aircraft/helicopters/ships there's a variety of size. Aircraft/space shuttle have the thicker bodies with thinner wings, seagoing ships thick bodies with narrow masts and completely different shaped sails or carriers with flat deck, boxy superstructure, and organically flowing hull, etc.

Maybe some visible windows would also help give it a sense of scale.

Freakin' awesome though. Would love to see this on some neutral background where it's more visible.