Home Unreal Engine

udk DOF issues.

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
mikezoo polycounter lvl 14
Allright. ive been scratching my head for days now woundering my I cant adjust my DOF correctly in UDK.

I understand how my focus inner radius and my focus distance works together, along with falloff. The problem lies with my Blur amount. I have three values in it.

Max Near
Min
Max Far

The only value that seems to do anything is Min. no matter the values i seem to only be able to turn DOF on or off! And thats by changing the Min value to anything above o; which in turns blurs the whole scene and me having no control over DOF.

udk02.jpg

And with the blur amount's Min turned on to 1.

udk01.jpg

Anybody have any ideas? I am hoping I am just forgetting something stupid.

Replies

• Sandro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe they are being overriden from world properties and/or camera settings?
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    somthing is up for sure. I dident see anything in the world properties that caught my eye, concering the DOF.

I gotta keep looking!:\
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iirc you're setting the wrong value:
    max near means how much DoF blur is allowed infront of the focus plane,
    Min is the minimum amount of blur
    MaxFar is the maximum blur behind the focus plane. Set MaxNear and MaxFar to 1.0 and set Min to 0 :)
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I get what you saying e-freak, but even then I get no results.

Heres a pic of what of the settings for what I assume would give me controllable DOF.

udk03.jpg

But i still get nothing. No DOF. The ONLY way to get any sort of DOF going is is to increase the blur amouts - Min value. Which I shouldn't have to.

BUT because I can incease the min value and get a blury screen means that it is working. Just not the way I wish. So i know my post processing effects are working. This is sooo crazyyy:poly127::poly127:
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You have "Use World Settings" checked in your chain properties. So you should really be controlling the settings through the world properties. What do you settings look like there?
  • mikezoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ahhh dude. that was it! thanks for pointing that out Sean.:thumbup:

From what I understand I don't really want to have use world settings checked because my world properties could screw things up, yeah?

case closed! ---