Home General Discussion

How to disabel/enabel unpnp on router bf3 problem

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
S_ource polycounter lvl 9
Hey

I bought Batlefield 3 recently but i cant play Multiplayer, cant get into any server.

This is some of the error message it get:
Game disconnected: could not join server.

Singelplayer works just fine except that somethime some npcs have disapeard.

I have updated Punkbuster.

And now to the thing.
Some say that it might be your upnp setting in your router so if you disabel or enabel the upnp, whatever it is atm it might wor. And im wondering how you do that anyone that knows how to config a router.

And also apreciated other things you cane try to get it to work, im also wondering if anyone else here at polycount have the same problem.

Replies

• Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    You can find out how to configure your router on the manufacturer's website.

They almost all have web interfaces so you can usually just go to http://192.168.1.0 or whatever your router's IP is, login and figure it out from there.

You can find out your router's IP by going to start->run, type "cmd" and hit enter, this will bring up a command prompt, from there you can type "ipconfig" and hit enter and it'll print a bunch of info out. Find the default gateway (it should have an IP that begins with 192. or 10.) and that's your router IP.

If you've never changed your router username/password you can google for the defaults online but they're usually admin/password or something like that.
  • S_ource
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape wrote: »
    You can find out how to configure your router on the manufacturer's website.

They almost all have web interfaces so you can usually just go to http://192.168.1.0 or whatever your router's IP is, login and figure it out from there.

You can find out your router's IP by going to start->run, type "cmd" and hit enter, this will bring up a command prompt, from there you can type "ipconfig" and hit enter and it'll print a bunch of info out. Find the default gateway (it should have an IP that begins with 192. or 10.) and that's your router IP.

If you've never changed your router username/password you can google for the defaults online but they're usually admin/password or something like that.
    Thanks will try that out.
    (EDIT)Anyone that knows what upnp is and whats happeing if you disabel/enabel it anyway? Thanks
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    ... i hope they have google where you live... best to check it before you come asking here. :)

google your questions next time
  • S_ource
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli wrote: »
    ... i hope they have google where you live... best to check it before you come asking here. :)

google your questions next time
    I have tryed to google it but i did not find any good answear, thanks for that link did not find that. And also ghostscapes answear did help and was werry clear on how to do it. :)
  • S_ource
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It works now, thanks ghostscape.