Home Technical Talk

Subdermal colors refs

joebount
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
joebount polycounter lvl 12
Hi guys,

It's a bit far fetched but I was wondering if anybody knew where I could find references for subdermal colors (forehead yellow, nose red, chin blue, etc).l The catch is that I would need that for a full body, not for the head :)

Thanks !
Joe :o)

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What about superficial anatomy reference? Chin wouldn't be blue, but you can infer that from absence of muscle where there's thin skin. Thicker skin = more red from capillaries, etc.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    wcLj7.png

Its not really subdermal why these are different colors, well some is. Hair follicles on the chin and jaw line make the skin look cooler in hue. The forehead is yellow because there is less skin and bone directly under that. But that doesn't really apply to the rest of your body as much.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    What type of SSS are we talking about here? Shader based with masks? Diffuse colors? Specular based control for the color fresnel?

I would suggest looking up some ways Scott Spencer would go about making his texture, like dark recessed area get a nice splatter of dark blues and purples, while stressed and more boney parts get pearl white, and fatty parts gets a nice yellow, orange combo.

Anything else gets a mixture of light and dark red, splattered with white 'noodle's as it's called, to mimic skin/vein imperfection.