Home Technical Talk

Need software suggestions

I wanted to get some suggestions for a video and sound recording software. I am planning doing a few photoshop tutorials and i wanted to get my hands on some software that is easy to use.

Not fraps though please.

Thank you

Replies

• MadnessImport
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Camtasia studio

Its easy to use and quick to learn

for some reason its capped to let you record 30 frames max so I use Fraps to record the Camtasia to Compress but that use to be my way until fraps went full retard mode on me and stopped working so i don't use it any more

Theres also Bandicam which is like a better version of fraps to some
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    http://camstudio.org/

CamStudio is free, but has limited features. I use it for video tutorials. Then I use QuickTime Pro to make MOVs or VirtualDub to compress to DIVX. Give it a shot before going with a paid solution.
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    Jing isn't bad. Made by the same people who make Camtasia. The free version has a time limit, but if you don't mind appending them all together in a different app, then it's great. The pay version may be cheaper than Camtasia, but Camtasia definitely has more bells and whistles.
  • claydough
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    I have been having a good experience using the MSI Afterburner Betas' Video Capture feature. ( that does not require ogl or dx just a free no frills video capure with no watermark ) If I didn't need FRAPS for capturing 3d I would never use it again.
    I have a fairly beefy system but I am still assuming the good performance I am experiencing is due to the light, no frills and beta tweak heavy, finely tuned/proven MSI advantage.

Depending on yer Audio capture requirements...
    Make sure to enable all relevant devices. ( mic, line digital, stereo mix )
    Also... If you are using a generic intel HD source's/Realtek Sound Manager? I have had a lot of luck using the mic's "Noise Suppresion" and "Acoustic Echo Cancellation" features to great non-effect.

I suppose Camtasia is fine and has more narrator and interactive features but it irks me in general
    when a "functional video screen capture" should simply be integrated at a system level in the first place.

ASUS's GPU tweak is now out of beta but their video screen capture will not be implemented till the next version ( ver. 3.0 ). But then again all the pluses the GPU_tweak had over MSI Afterburner is lost if you do not have an ASUS bios on yer card. ( and with 3rd party cards, only nvidia version 500 and above will be "officially" supported. Although my tri sli 480 evga s werk jes fine. )
  • claydough