Home General Discussion

Buying from EBGames.com

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
Greetings;

I have a quick question to you guys if anyone of you is a bit more familiar with the EB game system.

Usually for pre-releases they would charge you the entire product cost and put it under your account until the product is released. They do that when you go to their store.

I pre-ordered something in the late last year from EBgames.ca and under the pre-order button it says "Billing does not occur until the shipment is placed."

Does that mean they did the same thing as they would do for someone who walked in to the store and wanted to pre-order a game, or does that mean that they just booked it for you, and will charge your credit card when the product is released, Or do they mean that they took the total amount of product's cost for your pre-order, but it will not show on your credit card statement until the shipment.

Thanks.

Replies

• ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not sure about buying in-store, but if you order online then you enter your CC info but it isn't billed until the games ships/is available. I imagine it would be the same in-store at least for a CC purchase. I tried googling it for you but the specific question didn't come up.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Exactly why I placed it here.

Reason being, there are many people here who work at EB games and buy from EB games as well. I am getting diablo 3 for free via WOW's annual pass, and I pre-ordered the collectors from EBgame the first thing when it was available. I am just trying to decide if I should just go with it or cancel it. Like if they already charged it on my CC than its not a problem, I cant return it, but if they have not, I guess I'll have a choice to cancel it (Depending on the situation.)
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    "Billing does not occur until the shipment is placed." usually means exactly that. Once it is shipped, they will charge you.

just check your cc statements to see if it's been billed. that should clear it up.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    you can always cancel your pre-order, no matter what. If they did charge you already (which they shouldnt have, if it says it charges when its shipped. if they did though, i would assume they would just credit it back to your card, seeing as its online.

Even if you go to the store, they ask for a $5 deposit, but you can put down the full amount (or any amount in between). But at any time you can walk in and say you want to cancel, and they will give your money back. Im not sure if they will credit your card or not. I THINK they just give in store credit, but im not entirely sure. every time ive cancelled, i just put it towards something else.