Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Post and First Renders

Hey everyone!
First post here on polycount!! Just thought Id start showing my work to people out there in the big wide world haha. My name is Nick and I am currently studying 3D game art and design at AIE in Meblourne, Australia. Im in my final year at the moment and thought i would take this time to upload some renders of some of the work i have done. Please feel free to be brutally honest with critique and of course I wont say no to a compliment haha :P.

nicks_update.jpg

This is my first environment, an ancient roman execution arena. 25000-30000tris, Maya 2011 viewport render with lightmaps.

here is another POVnicks_update2.jpg

Nicks_beauty.jpg

This is my first character model, a buccaneer pirate (Face loosly modelled on my own haha) 6-7k tris, 1k dif, spec and normal map. Modelled in Maya, sculpted in zbrush and rendered in Mental Ray.

Nicks_Final_Model.jpg

This was my first year final, a dragon (obviously). Base mesh in maya, scultped in zbrush and rendered in mental ray. Composited in photoshop. 4k dif, 4k spec 4k displacement.

Dragon_final.jpg

My latest work, a quick 1hr speed sculpt from a polysphere in zbrush. Textured and sculpted in 1hr.

Well theres some of my better work, feel free to critique and Thankyou :)