I'm going from a high rez sculpt in zbrush (no UV's) to a low rez mesh.
How would I go about getting the poly paint data from a high rez mesh (no UV's) to the low rez mesh (with UV's)?
I have tried to do a method that involves XNormal.
- Taking the high rez (polypainted)
- Making a blank texture map for it
- Generating GUVTiles
- Hitting New from Poly paint (poly paint is scene using GUVTiles)
- Taking the low rez and the high rez into XNormals
- Baking out the base texture from the high rez to the low rez
This works good, HOWEVER -- I am getting artifacting across my model (because of the GUVTiles being constructed of lots of little...well...tiles), and it's not as clean as I hoped.
What is a high poly paint to low rez workflow? Thanks!