Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Realistic Woman

Hi all again this is my last proyect, is still WIP, because i want to dress her and set her in a pose, etc. For now, i think the body is finished, i tried to do it anatomically correct. But (with out despise any one´s work) i dont want him to be the tipicall cg woman with the "perfect body", i´ve tried to do it mora like a normal woman. Critiques and advices are welcome, I hope you like it!

realisticwomanface.jpg

RealisticWoman.jpg
RealisticWoman_Views.jpg

Replies

• Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    mm right away i can see that she is leaning way too forward just bring the upper body a bit backwards, the breasts to me seem a bit too far apart but that might be just personal taste, im working on a woman right now as well so i think you should take some more time refining the body specially the silhouette which you want to be attractive as well i wold also iron out the kinds by refining the feet and hands a bit more. hope this helps
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree that she is leaning way to forward. These maybe nit-picky things but I feel like the upper helix of the ear is way to thin. Maybe it was smoothed too much. Something is wrong with her foot where it transitions into the toes too. It seems squished down? You can see it in the profile view.

The stomach looks nice. The subtle shapes in the thighs look really good too.
  • Natland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Natland polycounter lvl 9
    Hmmm, I definitly like the stomach and chest areas! However I feel the feet could use some more time and care. I really like that you are creating a different kind of cg woman! And that is great! But I think she can still be unique and attractive as well, right now her face is a little lack luster..... Try looking at these unique beauties for inspiration!

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t232/Robbie_Robb/3.jpg
    http://www.celebritiesheight.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Cate-Blanchett.jpg
    http://antm411.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/antm_allison07_keith_major.jpg

I hope that helps!

-Nat
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    why do people always add the word realistic when its not the case?
  • MeintevdS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    why do people always add the word realistic when its not the case?
    Probably because that's what they are aiming for.

@Grimngor, you might wanna find a differnt host for you images. They violated the terms of the host and have been deleted :(
  • Grimngor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your corrections boys! I am currently working on some face corrections, i will post advances as soon as posible.

Azkur: Thanks a lot get sure your advices are helpfull. I will check the pose, and maybe correct it a bit, but get sure that the pose is exactly the same as the girl on the photo reference i´ve used has... She should be some kind of dancer or similar... I don´t know exactly what do you see wrong about the breasts... Should i give it more "weight"? Talking about the silouette, thanks for the advice, but i dont want her to be the typical cg woman, i like more natural, anyway i´ve checked the silouette and its correct in comparation with my photo reference.

nyx702: Thanks i have allready corrected the ear helix, you´re right about that! And yes, I need to work more on feets and hands, thanks!

Natland: Thanks for your help! As i´ve allready say, im currently working on the face shapes, I agree with you that she can be so much more beauty and atractive, working on that right now. I hope i can post some advances soon.

arrangemonk: I can give you a better response that Meintevd S´s one.

Meintevd S: Thanks for that... Do you know some host that allows nudity?

Thanks all boys im currently on all that advices, i hope tomorrow i will can post some advances!
  • Natland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Natland polycounter lvl 9
    Okay, good luck with it!
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    arrangemonk: I can give you a better response that Meintevd S´s one.

that would be?

in my opinion the jaw is huge vertically and too small the side that would be a simple scaling task, and make the whole character less frightning

also arms could be a bit long, but im probably wrong there

woman.gif

[EDIT] looks like yewing gum
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Can you post a few of your references?
  • Macattackk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Macattackk polycounter lvl 7
    her eyes are freaking me out because they are eternally amazed looking. Id try to make them more natural by relaxing them.
  • Grimngor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I continue working on the face changes, sorry i have so much school work this days.

arrangemonk: wirting error: I can´t give you a better response that Meintevd S´s one.
    Thanks for the jaw advice, i take it on to improve the face anatomy.

Macattackk: Yeah her eyes are such a strange thing. Im still makeing tries and dealing with it. Is seems i have a hugo problem with sculpting eyes. I Need do some eyes scketches to imporve. If some one have a particular eye sculpting techinque and could post a timelapse, it will help a lot. (allready saw youtube´s ones).

JacqueChoi: Here are some references:

6724458607_e5010b2211_b.jpg

Thanks all!
  • Grimngor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey all! Finally i could correct all the stuff in the woman. I am having a lot of problems with the face... Is to hard to me to achieve it and make a beauty one. New Updates with all the corrections.
    Please give me your feedback and tell me if you think that the face is more beauty now or not.

6741864349_0688a29481_b.jpg
    6741864735_dc140fa1f4_b.jpg
  • sybrix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sybrix polycounter lvl 13
    I think the face is not soft enough. There's too many harsh angles that are making her look masculine. Her cheeks seem too gaunt. Check out how far above the upper lip the bottom of the nose is in your references. On your model it seems too high in comparison. Her brows are too prominent. Again look at the profile shot in your reference - the brow slopes more delicately into the bridge of the nose, no harsh angle.

The eyes are looking much better.
  • Grimngor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks sybrix! I have take your advices for my own and i´ve corrected the face again. All has been smoothed,reduced the distance between noise and mouth, and moved the brows a little bit into the face, has well as some other minor changes... I hope i am making progresses...

6752163281_e20bc9cfc5_b.jpg

I´ve also done some kind of concepting for the clothes, still WIP obviusly, but, giveme your feedback please!

6752034687_32d6f21cde_b.jpg
  • nyx702
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a couple small suggestions. Mind you they are subjective :) I feel like the corners of her eyes are not set in the skull enough. This is an area I still struggle with.

edits.gif

I would also take a look at her lower eye lids. I am not sure they voluminous/round enough for the eye ball underneath. Maybe look at the outer areas of her lips again. They seems to be sticking out a tad too much and not wrapping around her teeth enough? This is a really common problem when working from orthographic views. I find it helpful to check the lips from below frequently. Almost like looking up her nose for gold.