Home Unreal Engine

Sun rotatation/sky change through kismet/matinee issues

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
So i've got a little issue with a scene I'm working on. I've been putsing around learning simple kismet and matinee stuff to do something similar to the day/night cycle level that comes with udk.

The main issue I'm having is this: I've got the sun rotating around, changing brightness and whatnot, and it looks and plays fine when I hit play in matinee. However, when I exit matinee, and play from the editor, nothing happens. I've got a 'level loaded' node in there, and the cameras I set up in the same matinee will play and do their thing, but the sky will not. I'm just using the default skybox mesh and a material instance of the master material.

The sun is animated through the rotation of my dominant directional light, and the skybox is animated just through different parameters in the material instance. Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time using either of these portions of udk, so I might just be some checkbox I missed.

I'm also trying to have some fire particle effects appear on torches when it turns to night, and I added a toggle node to the particles. However, this is only keeping them turned off, and when i've got it toggled 'on' they still don't show up in the viewport.

Screenshots of kismet nodes/matinee:

kismetIssue.jpg
matineeIssue.jpg

Replies