Home General Discussion

A request

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
A_GAME polycounter lvl 11
Hey Polycount, I have a strange request. I am modeling an AR-15 for my portfolio, and I need screen caps of people saying how terrible my portfolio is and how it does not contain any guns. Can you people oblige, or is that too weird?
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Your portfolio is certainly lacking! I haven't seen enough guns in it. Come back when you have more...

You do realise however, you can completely fabricate caps with a simple Photoshoping of a normal thread.
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Not only does your portfolio lack guns and weapons, but what's currently in it is so bad that it's offensive to art. It basically trivializes 20 years of game-art. Hands down the worst thing to happen to the world since Hitler unleashed the Black Plague on Europe in the 1300s.
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    I have seen horror... I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul. I have seen all this, fellow. But until today, I had never seen... your portfolio!!

This is certainly the most fucking terrible and poor portfolio I've ever seen in my whole life. It makes Hitler architetural projects looks like Da Vinci paintings.

Man really, you should quit this shit you call portfolio before USA government sent some FBI guys after you, accusing you to spread terror worldwide.

Please make mankind a favor. Go make some guns. :)
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Let me guess, you are in school and they wont let you make/post guns?
  • leslievdb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
    You are terrible, your guns lack a portfolio!
  • Ghostscape
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    As a professional who has spent the past 4 years of his life making spaceguns, if you have some professor saying it's not a good idea for your portfolio and are looking for ammunition, feel free to link my portfolio/and or tell them they need to get over themselves.

but yeah at the moment your portfolio is empty, so you should definitely fill that, and might as well fill it with things you like and are good at.
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You don't expect to get a job as modeler with this crap-o-folio, right? Nobody will take you seriously without some AAA guns.

(I wonder what he's up to...)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    After reading this thread twice and looking for the link of his portfolio and link in his profile that leads to his blog that is empty......guys seriously?
    :poly118:

Sir. A_GAME; if you want critics for your work (including guns that you may make in future) Please do post the link of your stuff in Pimp and Preview and you will get critics to correct and beef up your art skills...

I think thats what you requested right? This isnt the section for it.:)

Good luck
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Now, talking seriously, your portfolio currently is empty, what is a really bad thing. Make you feel very unprofesional, for making us waste our time clicking and going there to see nothing. I think you should put some stuff there as soon as possible.

If I can make a suggestion, produce some guns and weapons. Gamers love them, and they give a professional feeling for your portfolio. Besides that, they're present in every game, so this kind of stuff can open a lot of doors to you. Good luck, kid. :)
  • A_GAME
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A_GAME polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks Guys. In case anyone was wondering, in addition to putting the finished project into my reel, I want to make a separate video for it with a montage of PC posts dismayed at my portfolio's lack of guns. Just thought it would be a funny little project to liven things up around here a little and thought it might give me a chance to experiment with some 3D modeling techniques. Here it is so far, if anyone it curious. Once I have a substantial amount of it done, I will post it in P&P. Thanks again!

ar1501.png
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    A_GAME wrote: »
    Thanks Guys. In case anyone was wondering, in addition to putting the finished project into my reel, I want to make a separate video for it with a montage of PC posts dismayed at my portfolio's lack of guns.

We weren't. Spend your time where you desperately need to instead of making silly cheesy videos.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Andreas wrote: »
    We weren't. Spend your time where you desperately need to instead of making silly cheesy videos.

That about sums it up.

The meshes so far look pretty solid.
  • fill3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fill3r polycounter lvl 12
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Hey man, like Nitewalkr said, start posting in Pimping and previews. Don't make an online portfolio for sharing until you genuinly proud to show off what you've got.

I'm not trying to be a dick, it just seems like you are starting out and you need to build a solid base before you create websites and videos. Start a new gun project, post it on Pimping and previews, take critical advice, and your your work quality will bump up a kazillion fold! People on PC are very helpful when they see people are making an effort. Best of luck mate :)
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
    the gun you just posted looks way to detailed for anyone to care. unless your trying to like actually design guns that would work with CAD or something.
    I love it when really good modelers like Tickwomp or Lonewolf go crazy with the details but...
  • Yozora
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yozora polycounter lvl 11
    Bonebrew22 wrote: »
    the gun you just posted looks way to detailed for anyone to care. unless your trying to like actually design guns that would work with CAD or something.
    I love it when really good modelers like Tickwomp or Lonewolf go crazy with the details but...

Completely disagree. I think it's great practice and fun to model all the components of a real life object and fitting them together in 3D, especially if you just started to learn how to model.
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Is it so hard to copy a PC post, edit it alongside blurred names or meme faces and then post that in the video?

No one will care what anyone else will say about this, and I sure as hell wouldn't spend time looking if the posts are real or not, so just fake it, isn't that what the game industry is all about anyways? Faking stuff?

Also, the comments wouldn't be true anymore once you post an actual gun artwork, no?