Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gnome/Devil WIP

Hi all!! I am doing some kind of gnome devil as entry for a challenge that i have organized with some friends. But i get i bit stucked durind the modeling phase in zbrush. Please help me!! :D If any one can do me some critiqs or advices it would we great! And if someone want to do a paintover... I will really thank him, really. A lot of thanks every one!

gnomowip.jpg

Replies

• Grimngor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some advances:
    gnomofront.jpg
    gnomoside.jpg
    gnomoback.jpg
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    Good start, seems you're detailing too soon and lacking forms.
  • AsherOS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks like he is squeezing his butt really hard (i dont want to know why), sooo, you may want to relax those muscles a bit. looks like a good start though
  • Alex3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex3d polycounter lvl 9
    Looks cool!
    Reduce his stomach volume and make it flabby instead. Judging by his level of malnourishment his organs will be deprived and shrunken, leaving thin layers of stretched skin. Even though you classified him as a gnome (although he looks a lot like a goblin), his head is still waay too big for him to keep balance and accomplish any movement... I like his ribcage, although it needs a bit more work. Emphasize his shoulder blades more though; especially the crests. I don't think I have to say anything about his feet :P
    Keep going, I want to see more!
  • Grimngor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frell wrote: »
    Good start, seems you're detailing too soon and lacking forms.
    What forms exactly? Thanks in any case
  • Grimngor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks all for your advices!
    Alex3d: i was thinking about the stomach since i started that char and i know that it should be a thin stomach with a lot of falling skin and wrinkles. But i want the design lijke that i want it to be an anorexic goblin but i want to preserve the stomach fat, if you know any way to do it better, i will happy to hear you. Same for the head i dont want it realistic is just design stuff. About the back get sure i will take your advices for me i will touch the shoulder blades as you say!
    Thanks a lot!

AsherOS: thanks, i whink you are right I can correct the butt and relax that a bit!
  • Grimngor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi all i have a new update. I´ve finished modeling and painting the model, just dressing it leasts. It´s my first complete model painted without textures all painted by hand in Zbrush. I hope you like it!
    The last image is just some testing with Fibermesh.

finalcuerpo01.jpg
    finalcara01.jpg
    finalcaracon01.jpg
  • Grimngor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No body has any critique or comment? Give me your opinions please
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    I agree with Frell. It's a bit hard to describe, but right now it looks like there are a lot of wrinkles and details on a shape that's lacking some form. You need some mid-range detail. I'm really not sold on the structure of this character - but it's getting there.
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like how its coming along. but a bit of critique. first of all the clavicle seems maybe to defined around the deltoid. its usually blended into the deltoid on the surface even with an anorexic character, just something that stands out to me. overall the muscle structure seems bang on, a bit of an extreme valley where the forearm meets the bicep but still anatomically correct. i agree with the above... it looks more like a pregnant goblin than an anorexic goblin. i dunno but skinny body with a fat gut is kind of a conflict of interests haha. just looks weird. i also feel it lacks form and gesture. maybe go back a few subds and rework it a bit, just until it feels good. common problem when jumping ahead is missing out on that midrange detail that really sells a character.also i hope you fix the feet, if not dont include them in the final render cause itll look unfinished. critique aside, im loving where its going and cant wait to see it completed, definatly getting there
  • Grimngor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot for yur time and comments!

Shiniku: Can you tell me exactly in wich areas of the body you think im lacking forms?THanks.

njc6425: Get sure i am going to correc some things, thanks for the critiques! I am going to smooth out the clavicle a bit, you´re in truth. THe muscle extructure "exploded", please explain me that, i dont understand what do you mean. Talking about the fat gut... I know, is not in accordance with the rest of the body, but i want that from the beggining of this model, i want some kink of anorexic old boy with still a remainging fat and inflated gut. I you or anyone knows a better way to do that, i will thank you a lot!