Home General Discussion

Of Orcs and Men

just browsing gametrailers and came across this beast

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDkI-VtGib8"]OF ORCS AND MEN: TEASER 1 - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/games/of-orcs-and-men/

Sounds like a decent Hack 'n Slash and I really like the idea of Humans being the bad guys once in a while (but not in the Overlord way where you're just the lesser evil) so hopefully you don't end up taking sides with them at the end ('m not some kinda anti-human speciesist or anything, honest).
Not crazy about the lighting, but I'm hoping, like Arkham City and a few others it'll actually look a lot better playing for real. It'd be nice if there was a bit more info than just the teaser and a handfull of low-res screen caps, but worth keeping an eye on all the same.

Replies

• JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    looks pretty dope!
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    I really wasn't blown away by anything in that trailer. Looks a bit.. Amateurish? Almost like a university student's final year project. Maybe I'm wrong..
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    If you say so........if I could've created something with that level of quality at uni I'd be majorly chuffed XD
  • Cexar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cexar polycounter lvl 6
    Looks cool! They could push some of the animations, especially the sissy running one but the aesthetics were awesome.
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah I'm not crazy about the lighting either... However this looks like it definitively has potential. Would love to see some actual game play too.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP wrote: »
    I really wasn't blown away by anything in that trailer. Looks a bit.. Amateurish? Almost like a university student's final year project. Maybe I'm wrong..

If your talking graphically, I can definetley see what you mean. But I do think alot of that is coming through the video quality. Like I said, I felt the same with both Arkham's, and Dead Space 2 (among other's) but actually having them running in front of me was a massive difference. If your talking gameplay, I suppose that's a little... subjective? I doesn't necessarily have the cinematic polish of something from a bigger studio, but I just can't help being really drawn to it.

Though thinking about it now it does remind me strongly of the ps2/Xbox Forgotten Realms game Demon Stone...