Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] The Ripper

Hello all. This is my first time I've shown off my work here and looking forward to more. This WIP is a non-player character I am working on for one of my college classes for a fright type co-op game involving a prison, ghosts, and some unlucky ghost hunters. Currently working in Zbrush on the high poly and textures and then pushing into Maya sometime tomorrow. Really excited to post and all critiques are welcome. Concepts were done by another member of my class.

ripper_finalconcept.jpg

ripper_front_side.jpg

RipperSide.jpg

RipperFront.jpg

Ripper3qt.jpg

RipperSideWire.jpg

RipperFrontWire.jpg

Ripper3qtWire.jpg

Replies

• Santhem
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    its still a bit too human for me :) the concept is clearly stylized, your model not so much.
    Personally i always like to work with the concepts as image planes, you have a perfect concept to do so, It'll clearly show you where your work differs alot from the concept.

Good start though, i like the teeth.
  • achillesian
  • JoshC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I showed my lead the changes and thanks guys, you two hit it on the mark. I didn't go as drastic as the concepts but taking a look back the character definately look more alive then dead. Even though the concept is very stylized my lead told me for this game we want to keep a certain amount of realism for the ghosts but at the same time we want them to be kind of warped and twisted. Here is the updated head and now I will be pushing for the body.

RipperHead.jpg

As far as the extra cracks around the mouth, I showed the leads a layer with the extras and they didn't like them, said it made him look like his mouth was falling apart instead of just cracking from his rage.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Great start :) Reminds me of Juggernaut from 13 Ghosts

13ghosts18.jpg