Home Technical Talk

Blender mocap to Unity problem

This is probably another really noob question, but im in a bit hurry with my degree work alpha version deadline closing in and my motion capture animations bug.

The thing is that when i play the animation the character is higher than what it is when im in editmode or posemode. So when i import my character and animation to Unity, it shows that the character stands on the floor, but when animation starts, character starts to move few feet over the floor.

I know how to get the character in the same position in all modes (clear transform/location in posemode), but i don't know how to keyframe the location to all frames at the same time when in correct position?

That's my guess what should solve that problem, am i right?

Replies

• walreu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, really.. no one knows?
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Where did you get the mocap animation from? Did you capture it yourself?

I don't know much about Blender, so I can't help out too much there. Maybe see if there is any sort of animation layers you can tinker with? Thats what I would do in Maya/Max...make an anim layer and offset the mesh.
  • ProperSquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ProperSquid polycounter lvl 12
    I have a feeling that there is an issue with object centers for the animation. Is there a chance that you can send us screenshots of the issue (or better yet, the blend files)?

My main bet is when the motion capture was done (or when the armature was created), the center of the information is higher than "ground level".
  • walreu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gsokol wrote: »
    Where did you get the mocap animation from? Did you capture it yourself?

I don't know much about Blender, so I can't help out too much there. Maybe see if there is any sort of animation layers you can tinker with? Thats what I would do in Maya/Max...make an anim layer and offset the mesh.

Thanks, i'll check that layer thing out.
    There's plenty of sites that provide free motion capture files, this site has collected those files in easy packages!

http://www.thetrailerspark.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=6&func=select&id=1004

I've used mostly files from the ACCAD site..
  • walreu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a feeling that there is an issue with object centers for the animation. Is there a chance that you can send us screenshots of the issue (or better yet, the blend files)?

My main bet is when the motion capture was done (or when the armature was created), the center of the information is higher than "ground level".

I can't post screencaps right now because i deleted the rig from my project file that controls the mesh.
    But you can see the same "jump" in this video at about 4:07

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo3ovW07kww"]Blender 2.5 Tutorial Connecting a Skin to a Motion Capture Armature Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Actually now when you said it, ive used "no-offset" in bvhacker that i use to check out the motion capture files.
    Here's picture of the motion capture with and without the no-offset:

bvhackeroffset.pnghttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/bvhackeroffset.png/

(edit: the right one is "no offset" turned on and the left one is how bvhacker opens mocap files by default)
    So i guess your right.