Home Technical Talk

Method to make object stick on other objects surface in Blender?

Hi. Im new here so say hello! =)

I'm making a character for my degree work and when i was placing buttons to the characters clothes i started to wonder if there's a way in Blender to make objects stick on the other objects surface when near? (ease the placing). I have 3ds Max too, but im just starting to learn it, is there a feature like that in max?

Other methods are welcome too, like maybe selecting a vertex and snapping other object onto that vertex position. Is that possible?

edit: Damn i feel dumb now! ..i found the solution which was right under my eyes all the time. Here it is if somebody wants to know:
"Snap during transform" --> "Snap to faces" --> "project individual elements to other object surfaces" (those buttons are all in the 3d view bar)

Replies

• Cremuss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cremuss polycounter lvl 12
    Hi !

Welcome :)

You may want to look at the shrinkwrap modifier and toy with the projection settings.
    You could do it by hand with the snapping tool but it will take some times depending on your mesh resolution :(

Hope it helps
  • walreu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cremuss wrote: »
    Hi !

Welcome :)

You may want to look at the shrinkwrap modifier and toy with the projection settings.
    You could do it by hand with the snapping tool but it will take some times depending on your mesh resolution :(

Hope it helps

Good idea!
    Well the only setting that worked for me was the "nearest vertex" -mode. Others flattened the object.
    And that mode also bended and twisted the object, when not in the center of the polygon of the other object. But still, could come handy in some cases! :thumbup: