Home Technical Talk

Deforming solution using only joints + Tail animation?

Hello everyone!

We are developing a small iOS game. I am animating a small cute little character which, for the sake of this thread, a ball with a tail. Here are some of my problems:
  • The character will bounce off walls and I need to make him squish and bounce off the walls but I cant use anything but the joints in the animation so I can export a .dae file.
  • The second issue is what I should do with its tail? The tail is a lot bigger than in the illustration with a lot more joints but its just illustrative. In my head I have to animate each joint as it hits the wall or am I thinking wrong?

Here is the image:

TxyHQ.png

So do you guys have any suggestions? Im outta luck here. :poly122: Any critique and suggestion is well received! Thank you guys!

Replies

• Warheart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Warheart polycounter lvl 17
    That stuff all sounds like it would work best if it was done procedurally from what I can gather from the description (if that is an option).

If the ball is controlled via any physics at any point then I can't see it working like this. Maybe I'm not understanding how it's going to work clearly though.