Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Planet Buster *RELEASED* !

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
warby polycounter lvl 18
Greetings Polycount !
maybe you guys remember my indie title : "pirates of new horizons" that i am periodically pimping ( and shamelessly bumped mere minutes ago ^^). to help finance the development of the full game we made a small match3 casual game set in the same universe showing of some concept art for the full game. do a good thing today and support you local indie game devs ! if you dont like match 3 games get it as a present for your mom or girlfriend THEY WILL LOVE IT ! :) a word or 2 about the artwork most of the gui elements are rendered in maya and than painted over rather than fully hand painted to save on time. also for all unity users out there make your gui with actual 3d geometry and game objects and not with the build in gui system I DARE YOU ! the concept art backgrounds are all hand-painted no 3d in there. the star-field backgrounds are provided by the the hubble-space-telescope (public domain).

and here comes the copy paste bit that i am spamming everywhere:

As you can see the game comes at an affordable price: it costs exactly as much as you want to pay! All proceedings of this title will go into the development of our 3D Jump'n Run-Action Adventure hybrid Pirates of New Horizons. It will help us to get make the game better, get it into your hands sooner and you've got something to play in the meantime. So while you are waiting for that Batman DLC to download or your copy of Battlefield to unlock - why not play a few stages of this fun puzzle game and support your local indie developers? Oh, you've played match-3 games before? This one does several things differently:

For one, the game does not restrict players to swap only adjacent tiles, which allows you to strategically arrange long chains of planets. However each move comes at a price: one coin. Coins can be recollected on the playing field, but consider that the bigger the chain-reactions are that players trigger the more coins will appear on the field! It also features an interactive map of the Pirates of New Horizons universe including previously unreleased concept art and an inventory of 6 different special items (to blow stuff up). There are 48 puzzle stages and 18 carefully designed "challenge levels" in total.

Warby, Zacker, Skjalg and me hope that most of you will find the game enjoyable and we count on your support! :) I post this here even before our own blog, so please help us spread the news!

http://www.planetbustergame.com

Last but not least, here are a few screenshots:

screenshot_5.jpg

screenshot_3.jpg

screenshot_4.jpg