Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warhammer Sword

So I found this really cool concept for a sword from Warhammer Online and thought it would be fun to make. I've spent a couple hours on it so far and have the modelling done but will likely redo some parts to either clean them up or lower the polycount.

You'll notice I made some adjustments. I added extra teeth to the creature skull and changed the sides of some of the red metal shards. My goal was to make the other side of the model slightly more interesting because based on this image it would not have very much going on.

Currently I am at 1935 Tris which is not bad but is a little high considering the original concept was for an MMO. I might do a new one entirely as a low-poly version but am unsure of what polycount I should be aiming for. I have heard that the polycount for character models in WoW is around 800 Tris and thus the weapons are probably at most in the 200 - 300 range but I feel like that is inaccurate. Does anyone have any knowledge in this area that they might be able to help me?

Anyway, tell me what you think, and have a great day.

swordsofar.png

Replies