polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
SveinY polycounter lvl 6
edit. its done!
EDZXS.jpg
DcuOV.jpg

Replies

• Cheynecg
    Looks great so far! I think a large and heavy looking pick axe of death would be more appropriate for his look.
  • n88tr
    his belly skin looks like cheese cloth, not very skin-like
    his face as a long vertical seam [?] down the middle of it
    the complexity of his face sort of weighs down the model. The rest of his body looks WIP, like a lot more detail could be on it
  • Jungsik
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    SveinY wrote: »
    Alright here is one of my projects i am working on a Big fat mutant.
    Still wip need to fix a lot more details on the body and a bit more gear.

looks nice, watch out for that feet, its looking a bit too small to support the mass this mutant has. :D keep going
  • Stromberg90
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Great work ;)
    I do agree that a more brutal blunt weapon would fit him better, and that the skin is a bit cheese like.
  • imijatov
    Superb work, I love it dude! You might consider revisiting the pant folds (perhaps they're still work in progress?). They seem a little blob-y at the moment.
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks people!
    Heres an update fixed a bit on the body and tried to make a pickaxe instead.
    Still Wip on everything.
    xYgyh.jpg
    8nkoL.jpg
  • Jessica Dinh
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    Nice job so far! Except for maybe his weapon (which looks like a pizza cutter and makes him seem a bit comical), I really love his props and accessories - they match him quite well!

*edit* ah there we go! that's much better! :)
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Did you make the straps and belt in 3d app or sculpting app. Nicely done by the way. :thumbup: :D
  • seth.
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    love it....would like to see a little more spread in the feet considering his bulk....if that makes sense.
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    Hey hey thanks a lot guys!
    @ Nitewalkr some stuff was done in maya and some in zbrush.
    @ Nerf Bat Ninja hehe thanks man but it will never get even close to the quality of gears and rage but I try man :)
    @ seth yeah I know the feet and looking a bit weird but I like the way it looks xD.
    Alright back to the update I will call the high poly done now. Have also started with the low poly but that is far from done yet tho.

p0IKD.jpg
    lR7Yf.jpg
    7pC35.jpg
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    Alrighty back to this fatso.... its been a while since I done anything on this char been really busy thanks to Skyrim :P But I have started making the textures but I have come to a point where I am bit stuck and don't know where to continue... Please crits...
    Only Diffuse, Normal and Alpha is on and its 2k.. no spec.. I haven't had time to make that yet.
    The Pickaxe will get its own map.
    xuBY4.jpg
  • chrisradsby
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Right now the biggest issue is texel-density I'd say, it looks blurry from piece to piece. It feels like you have lots of wasted space in your texture sheet and no mirroring to make up for it. Do the straps need all that? I mean the upper-body is the biggest, it should have the biggest space on the texture sheet, except for the face I guess.

Could be that the Zbrush high-poly ain't detailed enough and gives sort of a lumpy result.

Are the cuts on the stomach supposed to be scars? Make sure to get the scar-tissue right, it buckles out now like...I don't know really, like folding fat or something but way too sharp. Maybe I've been staring at it for too long ^^

Maybe try to work in some "wear" into the belts, brighter shades (but not spec, only on the diffuse) on edges and stuff (start creating the specmap before you do this however if you decide to create the specmap from the diffuse)

You really should start working on everything at the same time, making sure that everything comes out alright. Metal doesn't feel like metal without spec for example.

So far, it's a really good piece, really like the progress and I hope I've helped a little :)
    Keep going! :)
  • SveinY
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    @ chrisradsby thanks a lot for the tips!
    Well its done... next character!
    EDZXS.jpg
    DcuOV.jpg
    EtQO5.jpg
    uawgp.jpg
    2NS9w.jpg