Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abandoned trailer post

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
Alright I'm back with a new project, sort of... I just graduated and I am trying to stay active while I look for work / take a break from my freelance for a few hours every so often. I am planning a scene that will be built from various props (as most scenes are...) BUT in a way that I can make whatever I feel like at the time, thus not getting bored and actually wanting to work on it, therefore getting practice and hopefully portfolio pieces that demonstrate prop modeling.

A quick rundown of the scene; It is going to be a Semi box trailer that someone has taken refuge next to. Extending from the side of the box will be a tin, or canvas roof that covers a sandbag wall. Behind the sandbag wall will be a sort of outpost. There will be a table or something, with a light hanging from the make shift roof, and barbed wire surrounding the little lookout. It may sound confusing but I am leaving the idea somewhat open so I can make props as I feel. I know people will probably say plan the whole scene, and block it out, and while I know this is the right way to do it, I feel like what I am doing right now will work for me.

So here are the first two high polys, I will be texturing these as soon as I can, the first prop was totally inspired by Burtonyang's thread, I thought this prop would fit in my enviro. And the second is just something I needed/felt like doing.

C&C on the highpolys would be wicked :)

image_01.jpg
image_02.jpg
image_03.jpg
image_01-1.jpg
image_02-1.jpg
image_03-1.jpg