Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Simon Labreche, Character Artist

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
wizo polycounter lvl 17
http://slabreche.daportfolio.com/

Hi guys&gals!

I am in the process of updating my portfolio, I have been a modeler for 3 years and now more recently got to do some characters for the last year.

Since a lot of my portfolio was props, I've decided to scrap all that and just show character stuff, as I want to make it clear as possible I am a character artist. The things is, I cannot show most of my professional work since the game I have worked on is not out yet.

Thats why I need your very precious critiques, I wanted to know what you guys think. Should I incorporate more pieces, put some zbrush prop work there, is the concept stuff confusing? How complete do you think this portfolio is?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

Replies

• Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    The home page has no function. Just put that image in the gallery and let it load first. You're also better off by renaming the gallery to 'gallery' rather than 'personal work' because you have no 'paid work' to go with it. You can simply change it to personal/professional once you're allowed to show the professional works.

I'm thinking some of the images are a bit small. I know I'm on a fairly large screen, but most employers are as well. I can understand you don't want to go too wide, but right now there's a bunch of vertical whitespace too, so you could rearrange some images to be more of a portrait layout. http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs47/o/2009/197/2/a/2a43e78f44518c4dd34dd759a2f42199.jpg works pretty nicely, for instance.

The amount of work shown feels pretty good to me, aside from some small niggles. You have 3 images for the ... fulgore character, while 2 should be more than enough. Secondly, you're showing 3D and concepts through each other, might wanna separate them more. (but keep the fulgore concept with the 3d model, obviously)
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17

Thanks Snader, that is some great input.

I am now available for work. Cheers guys!