Home Technical Talk

Backburner takes forever to start a new task

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
If I render from frame 1, there's no delay in the render starting.

If I render from frame 1000, Backburner takes about an hour to start spitting out frames. It just say's "Busy" and all the cores are running at 100% on the farm.

I've never had a problem with this before! I have no idea what's going on... anyone ever experience something similar? I'm using Maya 2012 Hotfix 4 with the latest version of Backburner. Our farm has a manager and two nodes, with dual quadcore processors in each node.

It's almost like Backburner has to step through our whole animation and reach that point before starting to render.

Replies

• mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    Holy shit, got it working! We had imported some assets from other scene files and thus got all the crap those scene files had too. Turns out, there's a lot more than just objects that scene files receive when you do an import like that. We had to go in and figure out how to unlock camera and random render nodes hidden away deep inside maya. vectorRenderGlobals seemed to be the culprit. I really started to figure it out once I noticed I couldn't unload plugins that I knew didn't need to be around.

If anyone reads this in the future, don't hesitate to contact me. There's so little help on this sort of stuff.