Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WH40k Rhino = FINISHED =

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
MrOneTwo polycounter lvl 12
Hi I wanted to show my latest model which I... wait for it... FINISHED!!! Mostly proud because I made it to the end ;p I created it for internal contest on polish forum. Used: max 2012, ps cs 5, nDo2 (looooove it!), Marmoset, Xoliul2 (looooove it!). I hope you will C&C it since the main goal of this model is to learn.

Q5irn.jpg

txF3S.jpg

F2Ir1.jpg

CS73R.jpg

Replies

• Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    dropbox is blocked here, could you host all on imgurl ?
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok its on imgur. Unfortunately imgur changes format to jpg ;/ Polycount doesn't allow dropbox pics ?
  • EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    You could get away without modeling the grill at the top. I'd remove 3-4 slices from the scoop and put them into the tank threads. Looking good overall :)
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    dropbox isnt blocked here? but you have to use the insert image button, instead of putting [img][/img]

I think on the back, you put the wear and tear in the wrong spot... the bottom is faded, but when the door opens and slams to the ground, the top of the door that is touching the ground would get marked up.
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bottom is faded coz I wanted to make bright dust at the bottom and old dark where it dirts ONLY when it hits the ground.

You mean insert image when I write a post ? doesn't it work just like :( Would be cool to make it work from dropbox." alt="[\img] ? those jpgs from imgur are so horrible :( Would be cool to make it work from dropbox." />
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    - I think you could highlight a lot of the edges, especially in the spec map. Don't go crazy with edge damage and detail but a bit more wouldn't hurt bring out some of the details that are blending in.
    - The geometry in the grate on top seems unnecessary as do some of the skull & point details and some of the fine details like the rim around the lights and on some of the hatches. These are details that can be done in the normal map.
    - The main overall shape seems kind of low poly, probably bevel a lot of the sharp edges if you removed some of the extra polys.

Dropbox works on polycount, it probably is blocked at Xoliul's location.
  • mifflefish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the biggest issue I have at the moment is that the Chaos stuff looks pretty tacked on without any real integration into the overall vehicle, in particular the skull on the back looks like it is held on with little more than crazy glue.

also I'm wondering why this Chaos vehicle has the seal of the Inquisition on the top hatch, just seems wrong to me

overall it looks like you were building a regular Rhino but at the last second said "I know I'll make it Chaos and stuff!"

I'd say either go whole hog on the baroque trim and spikes and demon heads and stuff, or ditch it all and make it an imperial Rhino cause right now it's sort of in between.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    TESTING

writing just the public link from dropbox

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14662692/avatar28081_9.gif.jpg

writing the public link with img tags

using the "insert image" button at the top of your reply box

so ya... dropbox works fine here...
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    I think that, by "here", Xoliul meant where he works. Not polycount itself.
  • Visceral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seriously, as a warhammer nerd i have i real problem with the design. Why are there Chaos undevided symbols ontop of a APC carrying the Inquisitors seal?

Also, ditch the skull.
  • MrOneTwo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ohhhh now i get this whole dropbox thingy... its weird. One of my teachers joke "It wasn't in my internet.". Cest la vie.

About design... yeeeeah my fault. The decal on top was added at the end because top doors where looking really empty. I'm really not into wh40k. I'm really sorry for my ignorance. The reason why design sucks is mostly coz I had really limited time ... and because I did it lousy. Thx for crits :poly121:
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Uhh yeah, no Dropbox at work, that's all. Thought that'd be obvious..

I think you could go much further with specular and reflection, lacks definition. Also a lot of it looks like solid colors with arbitrary stuff like the blood sploshed on just to fill it up.
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know how you'd fix it because i don't have the mind of a texture artist at all but the blood on the bulldozer blade looks like hot plastic melted to it or it's a heavy coat of paint. it doesn't look like blood at all.