Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Daemon Hammer (WH40k)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
doeseph polycounter lvl 7
Hello,

I've been working on this model for a few days now and think it would be beneficial for me to have a fresh pair of eyes look it over and get some feedback.

The model is based off of the Daemon Hammer from the Warhammer 40,000 universe, however much of the reference I've collected is from the TT miniatures which are woefully lacking in detail. I've been struggling to find ways of incorporating unique bits of detail to make the model less "basic", although I'm worried about going over-board. So far I'm still banging away at the high-poly and have some changes planned for the hammer head piece, so I'll update as soon as that's finished.

I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on what I have so far, and maybe a few pointers/suggestions as to if and where I should add more detail.

Thank you!

Render:
daemonhammerwip4.jpg
daemonhammerwip5.jpg
daemonhammerwip6.jpg
daemonhammerwip7.jpg
Reference:
grey_knights_terminators_nemesis_daemon_hammer_large.jpg
40k_GK_CoteazHammer%20(640%20x%20480).jpg
Inquisition.jpg

Replies

• Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    I would work on the grip, the diamonds should not be flat and they should be more close to each other, or they should be made like cushions, soft and bending on the edges, right now it will not translate well in a normal map, and it feels flat.
  • Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    The proportions of the miniatures are much more 40kish, so I think it will be about finding a sweet spot in between the two. I would include all the details from the first reference, especially the head of the hammer, but keep the shaft as think and beefy as you have it now.