Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ArenaNet Environment Art Test - Kaze369

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
kaze369 polycounter lvl 8
Ok, so I'm extremely late to the party and I found out about this like yesterday. I started a low poly and I'm almost done with it. So pretty much I'm going to bust my ass on this one and see if I can make something happen. If it don't look good by the deadline then .....well I guess this will be good practice.

WIP 01:
ArenaNet_Art_Test_WIP_01.jpg
ArenaNet_Art_Test_WIP__wire.jpg

Replies

• MasteroftheFork
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MasteroftheFork polycounter lvl 18
    The geometry looks good, maybe will nee to add some planes for grass/shrubs/vines. The texture is the key part though. You have to work majorly fast so good luck!
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm surprised I even got this far.
    S68yzHF
    3R2nZ3g
    cAYOYIM
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I could use a little feedback just for kicks.
  • Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    Just for kicks, the stone can be spotted as easily tileable, there is a very bright white stone, maybe darken that, might blend better. The grass line where it meats the stone is too harsh, grass would be growing more organically too it, even if it was maintained. I'm guessing the grass grid will go away? I'd alter the grass a little too, make it a little bumpy, or slope-like, dirt is under it and it would probably shift in places from whether and whatnot.

It's hard to read the wood, there is detail, but not enough large shapes. They need accented edges too, those will help push the corners, helping the shape.

On the first two pictures of your most recent post, the roof shingles run together horizontally, that last one doesn't so much, not sure if it's normals or not, try painting in a little more AO.

Definitely a good base start. The roof has a good splattered grunge to it, it breaks up any patterns, definitely keep pushing this.

For a house set in this era, it's okay to be "sloppy" with vertexes, it adds to the character. A subtle touch of irregularity adds to the elements of nature and the forces thereof.
  • dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 polycounter lvl 9
    lighten the stone as suggested. Grass is super tiled as well. You smoothed the rocks on the left and right, but not front and back, not sure why. They seem too round anyway, rocks are usually piled straight up, but yours all curve with that top bevel. Maybe add some dirt to the white walls.
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, final WIP......as if it matters.
    ArenaNet_Art_Test_WIP_04-1.jpg
    ArenaNet_Art_Test_WIP_04-2.jpg
    ArenaNet_Art_Test_WIP_04-3.jpg
    ArenaNet_Art_Test_WIP_04-4.jpg
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    would I have been incredibly stupid to submit this?