Home Technical Talk

Recommended Maya Normal Map/Baking tutorials?

CJE
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
CJE polycounter lvl 13
I'm on the hunt for some good baking/render to texture tutorials for Maya (2011). I've checked the usual suspects (gnomon, eat3d) but can't seem to find anything.

Does anyone know of some good tutorials to get through normal map baking in Maya?

Replies

• G3L
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    G3L polycounter lvl 9
    i would be curious about this myself. usually if i wanted to do this sort of thing, i'd be using max but i wanna stick to one program at times as much as possible.

to add to that most of the stuff i've seen for baking normals has been through max, zbrush and xnormal but yeah, it would be nice to have a better understanding of the process in maya. i'm aware of how to set it up, but maybe the renderer will do things differently than the one max does.
  • tehrobster2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tehrobster2 polycounter lvl 11
    If you guys search you tube there is some okay Nomal map tutorials. But the one that helped me a lot is the one on digital tutors on making a rifle for games in maya, they go through the process of modeling it from start to finish both the High poly and low poly, and then they show thier process for baking it.