Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Bruno Afonseca, 3d artist

Hello there!
Recently, I rebuilt my portfolio from the ground up and would like to know what you guys think, be it about the work itself or the presentation.

http://brunoafonseca.com

And a bonus bunny:

6a00d8341bfd0953ef014e8b190739970d-pi

Replies

• EmAr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EmAr polycounter lvl 18
    Nice bunny!

The bus doesn't look as strong as the rest of your vehicles. It's because of the body type of the bus probably. Maybe you should put it somewhere lower or maybe remove it completely. The rest of the vehicles can show what you can do pretty well.

I can't view full images without scrolling to the right due to my screen resolution. This may not be a problem for most viewers though as I have a relatively low res. screen(1280x1024).

Best of luck :)
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    That's great :) Love the big shots, easy to navigate, you got some great work in there, clean presentation! The cars and stuff is really cool stuff, clean and efficient I like it, I agree with the bus-model though, it's not as strong as the rest of the stuff. You could probably mirror the side-textures as well to be a bit more efficient and use the rest of the space to put decals on the bus etc etc.

Good work man!
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    dude your modelling is great and your textures nice :D and i love how you presented it.
  • Killaball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I must say from a personal level I don't like having the navigation buttons to each one of your pieces on the side. But that is a personal preference and I always though navigation buttons on the top always looked better. Lastly I would not have CV at the top of the list unless that is what you want people to navigate to first after looking at your AK.
  • Minos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minos polycounter lvl 16
    Great stuff fonfa!
  • Bruno Afonseca
    Thanks guys!
    About the bus, yeah, what you said makes perfect sense but the sides are different and this is an asset that might be reused in the future, so it's a good idea to keep uvs unique to apply custom paintjobs on it.

About the layout, do you guys think it would be better using one like this, with the projects listed down there? http://cargocollective.com/amsterdam
  • PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    Nice work dude! Site navigation is a bit annoying though, I would have a decently sized image of each asset on the same page, that links to a breakdown and more angles of that asset. That way an employer can look at one page and quickly scroll down to see all your work and get an idea for your skill in the first 10 seconds. That's usually all the time you are going to get from an art director on a first view of the site, so you want to show them as much of your best work as possible.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    Awesome stuff, i think your gun needs more contrast on the metal. It's Too birght and overblown right now.