King Arthur's Gold

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
commander_keen polycounter lvl 18
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEasSaaaUNk[/ame]

Go download and play now!

http://kag2d.com/

IndieDB

(note: you may get a blank account activation email and have to post on their forums to get activated)

Replies

• Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    I bought it, yesterday, I was hoping to make a thread about it but also hoped someone would do it instead :D
  • leilei
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leilei polycounter lvl 14
    Somehow this reminds me of both Terraria and King Arthur's World at the same time
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    Funny game, that there is also physics in it is very cool.
  • cman2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cman2k polycounter lvl 17
    hoooollllyyyyy craaaaaaaap. This looks fantastic.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Gonna give this a bump.

Just played it today for a bit at lunch. Its bloody awesome, loads of fun! Will be buying it I reckon.

Feels like a 2D minecraft + cortex command (but not as complex or unfinished)
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    HAHAH imma play this !!!
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    I downloaded this game, the first thing I ever got was Score board showing blue team and a red team score. Its like 2d ace of spades.

Nice! I'll see if I can find PCers to play with.

Username: Nitewalkr
  • cman2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cman2k polycounter lvl 17
    I have played the crap out of this game and fully endorse it
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    I just played on Premium server and met hboybowen, cool stuff.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    I love this game. Its just been updated with Single player survival mode against Zombies. Which is fun. Its very easy to begin with then all hell breaks loose. So the difficulty curve rises a bit quick. But it'll be awesome when they add co-op survival.

I usually just quick join a server so I'm never really sure where I play. Anyone know any good servers?

...Except Beo's CTF server, for some reason I'm banned. maybe coz I was AFK once or maybe I got blamed for greifing, which seems to happen alot. They blame anyone near a recently griefed tower.

Actually, thats the one problem with this game. Too many greifers! I don't understand why people do it. Really spoils the game, for both sides IMO. I like balanced "EPIC" matches.

EDIT: Just had a thought. Anyone from Polycount playing should put a clan tag before their name. I suggest: PC

I'm: PC stinger88
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    After this update I stopped playing at non paid public servers, usually it gets many new players who don't know anything at all, so playing on any premium server which has players really.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Please yes, let us make some servers. It seems like most of the servers are either packed full or filled with the kind of people that throw out various racial epithets like parade candy.
    Plus, it'd be nice to play with some regulars instead of a bunch of people who cry every time you kick over their castle.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    G-zuz! AWESOME! it looks so intense lol (or maybe it was just the music)
  • JeremyRM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JeremyRM polycounter lvl 8
    yeah this game is a lot of fun, really wish i had more time to mess around with it.
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    Hugh wrote: »
    The game has a bug where it bans players temporarily. So getting banned nevr actually happen unless your a griefer but those are usually kicks.

The new update is just so fun and really improves the game design.

We should make a Polycount premium players and free players server?

Haha, that's great I didn't even know you changed nicks :D

Something I did last night at Premium Mole server.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XI_IuUvkds&feature=channel_video_title"]King Arthur's Gold - Keg Story - Remembering The 5th of November... - YouTube[/ame]

Basically I dug a huge tunnel to opposite tent with a help from another player, no one even knew but at the very end someone noticed and well it was too late...
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    Kegs added so much fun to the game it's like I can't go and play on non-premium servers now, they tend to make me rage, premium players usually read the forums, they know some good strategies, building methods and so on, makes the game more enjoyable by quite a lot.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    The premium servers are the ones with gold test in the server list...right?

Played some more survival. I wish it had a save function. I lasted 13 days (about 2hrs play) then just attacked the hordes to kill myself. Was a shame as I had created some awesome defences.
    first time one of those big spawners appeared I near shat myself though. Destroying it took a few barrels.
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    Sometimes things does not work out as planned and you retain yourself to kamikaze attacks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOXpRlG3awA"]keg - YouTube[/ame]
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    I never can save up kegs. They are so expensive to make and so easy to take out before getting to a get spot.

What I do is basically go to middle of the map and start digging tunnel there, make sure you are maxxed out with resources and you have some gold to build up the bomb workshop right below them, after all you should have decent amount of gold coins as you dig all the stone along the way, the worst possible scenario is getting detected and having opposite builders dig tunnel to you, but as you saw in video they got scared of the kegs, instead they just blocked me off, the other player foiled my plan though, kegs need to be set up carefully, I wanted to set them up right under op, if they notice you half of their team might end up digging after you and that makes it a good tactic as they will get busy, waste their time.

What I also try to do, is make a tunnel under towers just 2 blocks under, if tower is thicker I can just under dig it break few stones to make chamber inside for a keg, it would be devastating.

Other method I want to try to pull off it's make long tunnel, set kegs up right next to each other to create chain explosion.
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    new Zombie multiplayer mode is so packed I cant get in a server

It's very buggy, I played it for a while today, it was fun, but people tend to get cocky against zombies and easily get killed, also migrants are a pain in the ass with buggy wraiths still spawning after altar was destroyed.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    yeah. Its very buggy and hard to get on servers. Still tons of fun when you find a good game though.

we need a PC server ;P
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    I tried to host server but I must have dynamic ip, my server shows up on list but I can't connect to it myself.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    The addition of Zombie CTF is great fun. But The zombies are super dumb. If you create a Z Knight within the walls of your own base it will start destroying it while its on it way to attack the enemy. Also they very rarely get as far as attacking the enemy as the AI path finding isn't great. Still...its fun.
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    I think it was me standing there on that red wooden bridge to the right, I spent a great deal testing with these guys.
  • Pix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pix
    Huehuehueaaahaha...:D

Yes it's silly at the moment, we will get boats and properly redone siege equipment next update, also more bug fixes.