Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Treboras

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Treboras polycounter lvl 12
Hi guys!

I found Polycount a while back and never posted a lot, so I decided to start this Sketchbook.

I will post stuff as it progresses in my free time. I'm a junior allrounder at a small studio and I like to concentrate on environment in my spare time, because I normally don't do this a lot at work, because other things are more important.

I'm 26 years old, work for about 6 months in the CG industry now and I'm interested in creating 3D for quite some time.

Now to the work:

First picture is an old, damaged fishing cutter which will be in a larger environment when i decide to get on with this piece.

The second is called "Fontana di trevi" and based on the famous fountain in Rome, Italy. I will work on this piece for quite some time and post updates as soon as there are some ;) I began today with the top and will work down to the bottom.

Comments and critique are most appreciated!

greetings,
treboras

Attachment 1: Cutter high res model
Attachment 2: Fontana di trevi modeling reference
Attachment 3: Fountain status quo in 3D

cutter.jpg
fontana_di_trevi_reference.jpg
fontana_di_trevi.jpg

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Treboras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boat looks good, would like to see more of the story you are telling there.

Phew,finishing that fountain is very ambitious good luck!

Thank you very much!

yeah the fountain is some monster, isn't it ;) But I'm willing to finish this piece ... but it will take "some" time :)

The cutter is an environment piece for a short film (separated into several smaller ones with 1-2 minutes length) I intend to do in the future. The situation is a post apocalyptic (.... don't judge there :D) kinda not anymore wasteland, where the nature is beginning to get back. The main protagonist is a male battered by life and trying to survive. The 1st chapter will be a scene in an improvised bar in the middle of nowhere, which acts like a stopover for wastelanders ;). It is by a sea (where the cutter will be stranded) with lots of water and trees and all that stuff. Although the nature is kicking back in, the environment is still hazardous for mankind, if they drink water or eat wild berries or whatever. The Chernobyl area is quite similar today and is the main inspiration for the theme.
  • Treboras
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    soooooooo .... long time no see :D Been really busy at work and in private life, so the piece sure lost a lot attention.

I did some more on the project and although I don't intend to work on it in the near future, I just want to post the (small) update :D I have more important thinks to work on at the moment, but the project is not forgotten and will be picked up in the future :D

1st image: Overall status quo
    2nd image: Close up window 1
    3rd image: Close up window 2
    (dark grey areas are blockouts)

002.png

002a.png

002b.png