Home General Discussion

Where to buy Wacom nibs in London?

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
thinkinmonkey polycounter lvl 15
Hi all,
I'd like to know where to buy Intuos4 pen nibs here in London.
As you know, Intuos 4 eats nibs, they result to have flatten surfaces, losing their rounded initial shape and giving me bad feeling while I draw.
They seem to be made of wax!
Yesterday, I went to Tottenham Court Road, I tried 4-5 shops but with no success and funny thing is I'm not the only one who is looking for them as shop owners told me.
Anyway, because buying online adds 6 pounds more for shipping, I'd like to buy more nibs with that money.
Tell me an useful address.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• thinkinmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Dustinbrown,
    I'm ready to buy from Wacom.eu, but it costs more 6 pounds for delivering, so I'd like to buy directly from a shop using those 6 pounds to buy more.
    Possible there's no well furnished IT shop here in London?
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    You know if you were really wanting to save on money, you could literally do something along the lines of sanding down/rounding the edge of a toothpick. There's no special technology to the nibs themselves, they're just (soft) plastic I believe. I've seen someone use a nail they sanded down and rounded out, as well.

Also, I believe the "back" side of the Intuos 4 surface sheet is smooth - you could always just flip over the surface sheet to avoid wearing down your nibs so quickly, if you don't mind losing that 'paper' feel.

Edit: Apparently Wacom tablets don't work using something metal like a sanded down nail, though I SWEAR I saw something doing this before.

Another option is apparently using the "teeth" from a plastic comb. So long as it fits in the pen it should be fine.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure nobody is going to carry nibs. Even though digital art is the world to us, it's a niche product to the general public. My only suggestion would be to get a bunch of friends to go in on one order to save on shipping.
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Intuos3-Pen-Accessory-Kit/dp/B0006GAHUG/ref=pd_cp_computers_3[/ame]
    Might be a possibility, you get a bunch of different nibs, and free shipping.
  • thinkinmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Justin: you're right, maybe I'm trying to find something "too little" for big commerce. The problem I have not friend here in London or someone interested to buy from Wacom.eu.

@Two Listen: now that you suggest to use another material for the nib, I'll do a search, I'm sure I'll find something, because it's very impossible to work in this way.
    I don't know if someone of you have my same problem with Intuos 4, I'm not a drawer, maybe I have a "heavy hand", I changed the sensibility option in drivers, but I don't know how much it will help.

@m4dcow: I still have that kit, thanks. I need nibs, lots of nibs (TM) :D

Guys, thanks a lot as usual.
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi all,
    I'd like to know where to buy Intuos4 pen nibs here in London.
    As you know, Intuos 4 eats nibs, they result to have flatten surfaces, losing their rounded initial shape and giving me bad feeling while I draw.
    They seem to be made of wax!
    Yesterday, I went to Tottenham Court Road, I tried 4-5 shops but with no success and funny thing is I'm not the only one who is looking for them as shop owners told me.
    Anyway, because buying online adds 6 pounds more for shipping, I'd like to buy more nibs with that money.
    Tell me an useful address.
    Thanks in advance.
    just order 4-6 packs of nibs and, for example, an extra surface sheet if you like the "tooth" of intuos4 sufracing
    you'll be fine for a year at least, and paying for delivery won't be so pointless.