Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Update to Dragon Weaver cartoon.

Hey poly peeps!

Just wanted to post up some updates to my cartoon Dragon Weaver.

Thank god it's NO LONGER a 1 man gig now...i can just concentrate on Animating and Directing. When i look back at what i attempted to model, it makes me want to shoot my face off...I can just stick to animation, and directing now. This was modeled by Josh Singh. He is now the modeling director and co-founder. Check the blog for the team info!!

The Toon Sushi team updates and all other stuff is on the Blog. Test animations coming soon.

Here is the Blog!!
http://toonsushi.blogspot.com

Here is the sculpt of the hero, Hiroshi! The sculpt is not finished, but is achieving the core things of what we wanted. The style of the Dragon Weaver cartoon will be a simple, and will have an almost "Video Game" like feel to it. AGAIN this sculpt is about 60% done. Cant wait to get the final one done!

SculptComp_01.JPG

The main goal was to nail Hiroshi's silhouette and proportions so that we could knock out a base proxy mesh for rigging. This is the base mesh that came from the sculpt. I have always loved the "lower poly" look and Josh captured it....This will be the art style of the Dragon Weaver cartoon.

PROXY mesh. NO textures. Just some smoothing groups, and phong shaders with base colors.

V_9_CompSheet.JPG

Here is an animation i did to show the "ANIMATION STYLE" of what the Dragon Weaver cartoon will feel like.
http://vimeo.com/18206028

THE CHARACTERS IN THE TEST ANIMATION, ARE NOT CHARACTERS FOR THE DRAGON WEAVER CARTOON. I simply animated them to test out a snappy, quick, style.

Now that i finally have the REAL characters for Dragon Weaver, i can start animating those.

I have always wanted to create something outside of my work making video games. I somehow got lucky enough to have a team of 4 super talented people that wanted to moonlight on something. So here goes nothing!! I finally know what it feels like to be in a garage band! haha.

will have some animation for you all soon!!!

Replies