Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First take on modulat textures

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Piflik polycounter lvl 12
Here is my first try on creating a model with modular textures. A wooden lodge...about 6600 tris, 2k Maps

Hut_Tex.jpg
Hut_Tex02.jpg
(rendered in Marmoset Toolbag)

Wire:
Hut.jpg

Textures are mainly from CGTextures (edited).

Comments or suggestions? (I guess I should chamfer the edges of the chimney...but other than that?)

Replies

• Matroskin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matroskin polycounter lvl 11
    loks not bad.

The major structural issue - the house is too heavy for that wooden base. And the stone chimney while fitting with the house itself does not fit with the wooden elevated base at all.

Weather chimney needs to leave or the wooden base needs solid reinforcement, especially under the house ;)

The railing atatchment to the floor looks wierd as well - they r simply going though the floor, i can even see them stick under the floor... It would rather be attached to the frame that would go around the floor perimeter for example.
    Wood is not something that can be just "glued", it has sertain logicd of attachment etc, so u'll need to check more ref on that side. Also when modeling such things try to think how you would attach them in real life. This soemtimes helps to mkae more beleivable structure.

Also could be good to see texture sheets cauz reading your description the main point of your posting are textures ;)