Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Colt Python .357

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
Figured I'd show this off, finally finished it after randomly stumbling upon Pedro's revolver on google and getting inspired by his renders.A nd other than the tape, I am quite happy with how it turned out! C&C is still welcome :)

colt5.jpg
colt1.jpg
colt3.jpg
colt4.jpg

Replies

• KazeoHin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KazeoHin polycounter lvl 8
    That's a damn good high-poly, though the brown tape looks a bit off, it should have little or no slack, as the adhesive will melt down once the barrel of the gun gets hot. There's no way the tape will be 'sticky' after a good gunfight, so instead it acts like a strap. and right now its not very tight.
  • Sparkwire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sparkwire polycounter lvl 9
    The tape should be tight, and it looks like you have some minor pinching on the trigger. Also the grip changes in each picture, is it supposed to?
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KazeoHin: Thanks guy :D Yea as I said, I'm not happy with the tape, gonna fix it for my final camera passes.

Sparkwire: The grip is subdivided in some, and like a noob, not subdivided in others cuz I missed it.
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uodate: I have finished baking, except for one piece that wont work for some reason, trying to fix it. It is the long cylinder, below the barrel, that won't work. Anywho, here are the bakes:

screen_1.jpg
    screen_4.jpg
    screen_2.jpg
    screen_3.jpg