Home Technical Talk

I need direction on how to finish my textures

I am having a difficult time trying to texture my scene. As you can see, my textures look too clean and need help. Here is what I have set up so far, the walls are set up to be modular and they have one uv texture. The floor and ceiling have a tillable texture applied. Even tho I am not a noob, when it comes to texturing and UDK, I might as well be a noob. Here is what I am thinking, please feel free to call me out and suggest a better methods. Any help would be great.

Walls: since these walls have a uv texture, creating unique features(wall paper tears, large stains, holes) in photoshop will just repeat and look goofy, So what do you guys do in this case? vertex paint? decals? or is trying to make the walls modular in this scene just not going to give me the best result?

Floor and Ceiling: I am also having the same problem with these too, I need random stains, dirt build up around the corners on the floor, maybe wear and tear underneath the table and chairs.

So please look at the scene and tell me what you might do or have done with the scene.

Thanks again.

Note: I have posted this scene in pimping and preview a few weeks back, but this scene is not pimp, so I decided to repost this again in technical talk, since its technically in need of help.

2r6o6cz.jpg

Replies