Home Unreal Engine

JUNE UDK - Dx11 Rendering?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
Where is the "enable dx11 rendering"? i noticed they moved the 'preferences' out of view but i can't find the "enable dx11 blah" button... :(

anyone know?:\

Replies

• Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    ok so i feel like an idiot.... its in file>switch renderer :poly136:
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    oh wow havent seen that. funny enough though, i found out that if you change your shortcut to launch UDK, from the target

C: \UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\UDKLift.exe editor

to

C: \UDK\UDK-2011-06\Binaries\UDKLift.exe editor -D3D11

that runs it with DX11. what is funny is that mine says its running dx11 (which it is because i can do tessellation n sss n whatnot), yet under file > switch renderer, it shows direct x 9 checked.
  • sketch81
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, works both ways :)
  • jbarbeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just downloaded the July UDK. The DX11 enable is moved, but my switch renderer is grayed out.

I ran dxdiag, and I do have DX11. My machine is a Toshiba Satellite A665 with i7 and 6GB ram, but it has the Intel graphics chipset.... could that be my problem?

Why would dxdiag say that DX11 is running?

Any help is appreciated
  • StraightDraw84
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StraightDraw84 polycounter lvl 9
    A guy helped me, turns out it was because it was on direct x 11, thanks for your help though!
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    jbarbeau wrote: »
    I just downloaded the July UDK. The DX11 enable is moved, but my switch renderer is grayed out.

I ran dxdiag, and I do have DX11. My machine is a Toshiba Satellite A665 with i7 and 6GB ram, but it has the Intel graphics chipset.... could that be my problem?

Why would dxdiag say that DX11 is running?

Any help is appreciated

It's the graphics chipset, every up to date machine runs dx11 but only can you take advantage of it if you have a graphics card that can run in Dx11 mode (you can pick them up fairly cheaply these days).