Home General Discussion

Game art tutoring pricing

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
MikeF polycounter lvl 19
So i've been doing freelance for about a year now, and because i undercut myself so much to get the jobs in the first place, i'm having to keep a second part time retail job to make ends meet. Now i've been aproached by a few people that were interested in one on one tutoring sessions, two of them want to do a bit of prep during the summer before starting a game design course in the city, and another just wants to keep fresh with what he picked up in the first year of his course.

If i can make this work financially then i can finally do game art full time (even though not in the traditional sense)

My problem lies in finding a suitable middle ground for pricing so that i can leave retail yet not scare away possible clients by being too expensive.

I could treat this as a freelance gig and price it accordingly, but i'm open to suggestions on how i could do this better.

so if anyone has had experience in this area or just general tutoring, what were your rates, how many people did you usually take on at a time, how long were your sessions?

Replies