Home General Discussion

Freelance questions.

I was contacted by what seems to be a reputable, large Russian MMO developer. I will PM you the developer if you want.

They want me to do vegetation.

What should I charge?

Also, they are asking for my address, bank account number, and drivers license number. They say it is necessary for the NDA. Is this common?

Replies

• Tenchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bank account number?! Sounds like a red herring... for freelance work I would prefer to use something like PayPal.
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They have a very good reputation and are operating 4 large MMO games, plus facebook games and some browser games too.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Paying via bank transfer is quite common actually for freelance, Paypal and such are used more by small indie studios and the like.

How much you charge is based on how much time you think it'll take times how much you think your worth per hour, plus a little extra for time needed for changes when they are inevitably requested by the client.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    A routing number is logical to have direct deposit, as for the driver license number, I didn't have to do that just S.S.I.(I think) but It sort of makes sense either or you can't really fake official documents like that, address yes, if you get time have a lawyer review your contract, better be safe than sorry.
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Strange that they would need any bank account details for an NDA. I wouldn't give that until after and NDA and contract is signed. I suppose drivers license makes sense so that if you screw them over the NDA they know exactly who you are. Sounds obvious but make sure it is actually them contacting you and not a scammer!
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RexM wrote: »
    Also, they are asking for my address, bank account number, and drivers license number. They say it is necessary for the NDA. Is this common?

I'd be extra cautious with them, from my (relatively small) local freelance experience companies don't even bother looking at ID, unless I'm initiating a signed contract to avoid being screwed ltr.

I hope you'll get some input from more experienced Russians who post here though.

If you have payment option choice, better use paypal btw - it's fully operational for sending payments from Russia, and our banking system doesn't support IBAN, so unless they have a business operation dept in Europe, it will take time to transfer funds.