Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Art Dump - German LAV, Pirate El Camino, Rocketeer and Trolley

Karaoke_Warrior
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Karaoke_Warrior polycounter lvl 13
Finally found the time to gather a few assets for an Art Dump ..

940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg

The German Sd Kfz 222 was used as a learning experience for getting better acquainted with ZBrush's texturing tools. War vehicle enthusiasts will notice that I took many liberties with it as the deadline loomed over my head cuts were necessary.

940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg

940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg

The Pirate El Camino was quickly blocked out in Photoshop with a variety of ship parts on different layers. I mixed and match until I found a look I was happy with and then I went stright to modeling. The paint job is Pittsburgh Steelers/Pirates inspired.

940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg

The Rocketeer is my favorite piece and my gateway sculpt to ZBrush. Some medium scale geometry I felt could have benefited from being completely made in Max but I thought I'd be somewhat adventurous and try to make them in ZBrush. But essentially the basic blockout for the helmet, jetpack and body was done in Max.

940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg
940x528.jpeg

The Trolley was inspired by a small scale model/diorama done by Dan Capuano. The original plastic model was brown, brown, brown .. so I searched high and low for the Trolley's real-life counterpart and then finagled my own version of it. The glass looks different in Max than it does with Marmoset (an alpha issue perhaps?).

--

All assets were modeled in Max, textured in ZBrush and Photoshop, baked with xNormal, and rendered in either Marmoset or straight out of ZBrush. I have vids on my website: http://www.wolfandvillage.com for your perusal. I apologize in advance for the choppy/stuttering in the vids as those are the real limits my current workstation. Somehow when Marmoset is running Windows has an aneurism. Thanks ..

Replies