Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portal 2 Levels

Hey guys, ive made a bunch of portal 2 Levels i want to put in my portfolio. I didnt make any of the assets, but i made the puzzle gameplay, triggers and everything else. Im curious how would you guys present something like this? I want to be either a lighting artist or a environment artist so i thought this could help.

Would a playthrough video be a good idea besides screens?
Thanks Nick

Replies

• passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    just slap them on with a little note that the assets belong to valve.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Not sure that would be a great thing to put on your portfolio for environment artist since you didn't make any of the assets or lighting artist since you most likely just duplicated Valve's lighting style. It'd be better for Level Design/Scripting depending on how well done they are or how complex the scripting is. Going for an Environment Artist position I would really only put something like that on my portfolio if it won the Valve sponsored competition or something.
  • nick2730
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    Not sure that would be a great thing to put on your portfolio for environment artist since you didn't make any of the assets or lighting artist since you most likely just duplicated Valve's lighting style. It'd be better for Level Design/Scripting depending on how well done they are or how complex the scripting is. Going for an Environment Artist position I would really only put something like that on my portfolio if it won the Valve sponsored competition or something.

There was a recent comp that I entered. Wouldn't showing you can duplicate a style a good thing tho? Since in a position they are going to basically tell you the art direction.
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    Show some work, yo!