Home General Discussion

What to do?

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
So I recently got back from a trip to Arizona (for visiting family and friends) and was so excited to bust out some digital art. Well as I was getting my initial fill of Minecraft (:poly136:), my computer froze up on me. This wasn't all that uncommon considering I've had the same laptop since I was in school, and it wasn't exactly top of the line while i was in school, so I restarted it. To my surprise the screen remained black after the windows start up screen, right before the logon :poly127:

After multiple attempts with the same result, I tried running it in safe mode, which worked fine. After a quick internet search, I tried disabling the display adapter, and restarting it normally. Boom, my laptop makes it to my desktop, but that just leads me to the conclusion that my shitty ass Quadro (which my school suggested would be necessary, although it isnt) is done for. So now, 2 weeks before my birthday and a flow of some extra cash, I'm left with a void. I can browse the net, and gain inspiration and such, but none of my much needed programs will run. So far, I've been reading through some old books I brought back home with me (Enders Game and Fight Club) as well as some doodling, but I need more. Keep in mind that my funds are pretty minimal, about enough to pay for rent and food, so I need to find some relatively cheap alternatives. I'm thinking that some traditional pencil/paper studies are in order.

So Polycount, what should I do while I eagerly await the construction of my beastly desktop?

Replies