Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Some characters [image heavy]

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
dannedadon polycounter lvl 11
Hi
Id love to get some opinions on these. Im currently upgrading my portfolio cause my internship is ending pretty soon and I want some solid stuff afterwards. Also, if anyone has an extra job lying around I'd love to haul it away.

Thanks

dextertextured.jpg
dextersculpt.jpg

and

ivanPresentation.jpg
ivanSculpt.jpg
ivanRealtime.jpg
ivanWire.jpg

Replies

• Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    Very nice stuff. Some critique;
    1. The textures look washed out in the renders(Especially Dexter). They need to be more crisp.
    2. The ears look rather rushed, you should go back and improve the modeling on those.
    3. The nose and ears need to be more red.

Also the screenshots from marmoset toolbag(Ivan) look very saturated.

Great work though!
  • iconoplast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iconoplast polycounter lvl 13
    In addition to what Goraaz said, I think the cheeks are too flat, especially on Ivan. In the leftmost view, they look great, but as you turn them to the side it degrades a bit. Also, the shadows seem awfully dark under Dexter's chin and on his neck, I can't make much out there. That said, if you keep it up you shouldn't have much trouble finding work.
  • dannedadon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dannedadon polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks for the feedback guys, going to address all that tomorrow and hopefully post it. Ive recently started experimenting with texturing in zbrush, with zapplink and spotlight, going to try some modifications with the next one im doing. Really appreciate the feedback =)

Todays work:
    Im wondering which one you guys like best, the main differences are around the mouth and cheek area.
    luciasculpt.jpg
    luciasculpt2.jpg