Home Technical Talk

Scale/Zoom in Zbrush is driving me nuts

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
All I want to do is zoom in on a feature of my model, but every time I do it seems to zoom to the origin and not even remotely where I want it to. I have to do some stupid pan, zoom, pan, zoom, pan, zoom, FUCK I HIT FRAME, *starts over*, dance every time. What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: I think the issue had to do somewhat with C. Pivot or something being screwed up. Symmetry wasn't working, so I fiddled with it, and now I'm having an easier time. I'd still be all ears on any better way though. Maybe it's just going to take some getting used to, but it's really distracting right now.

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Turn on local transformations. Whereever you last click on the tool becomes the focus of the orbit/zoom/etc.
  • CrackRockSteady
    I could be wrong about this, so hopefully someone else can confirm or deny, but I believe once you start editing the model, the last place that you touched with a brush becomes the pivot around which the model rotates. So if you've just imported the model and haven't touched it yet, the pivot point will be the origin, so you may run into your pan/zoom/pan/zoom issue, but once you've brushed the model anywhere, you should be able to rotate around the point you are focusing on.

edit: cryrid beat me to it
  • mdeforge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mdeforge polycounter lvl 14
    Ah, thanks. That helped quite a bit. How wonky... I guess it makes sense though for this type of application.